Krabi is a tropical haven on Thailand’s Southwestern coast. It boasts immaculate beaches, remote islands, towering limestone cliffs, and warm and welcoming locals.
This complete Krabi itinerary for 4 days covers the best things to do in Krabi, beaches to visit, tours in Krabi to consider, and a few tips to know before visiting!
How to Get to Krabi
The fastest and easiest way to Krabi is to fly into Krabi International Airport (KBV), about a 90-minute flight from Bangkok. Use Skyscanner to find the cheapest domestic flights in Thailand.
If you’re already in southern Thailand in Phuket, the best way to get to Krabi is by ferry or bus. Use 12Go and book either a minibus transportation to Krabi or a ferry.
Getting Around Krabi
Depending on where you visit, there are different ways to get around Krabi. If you’re staying in Ao Nang, you can use local taxis or Grab, a ride-sharing app similar to Uber.
But if you’re in Railay, you must walk everywhere; the tropical area is walkable and has no type of transportation there.
To get from one place in Krabi to another, you can use 12Go to see your transportation options from place to place.
4 Day Krabi Itinerary Overview
- Day 1: Ao Nang Beach & Railay Beach
- Day 2: Tiger Temple, Emerald Pool & Hot Springs
- Day 3: Krabi 4 Islands Tour & Ao Nang Night Market
- Day 4: Day Trip to Koh Phi Phi
- (Optional) Day 5-6: Stay on Koh Phi Phi
Day 1: Ao Nang Beach & Railay Beach
On your first day in Ao Nang, it’s best to go to the main beach, Ao Nang Beach, after breakfast. Most hotels in Ao Nang are close to Ao Nang Beach, so you’ll only have to walk a few minutes to get there.
Spend two or three hours relaxing at Ao Nang Beach as you take your first glimpse of tropical paradise in Krabi, Thailand.
If relaxing at the beach isn’t for you, no problem. Instead, walk to the end of the beach and explore Monkey Trail!
Once you’ve spent some time at Ao Nang Beach and it’s time for a change of scenery, head over to Railay to explore more of Krabi!
There’s plenty to do in Railay; once you arrive, you’ll arrive at the famous Railay Beach, walk around, and explore Krabi’s most famous beach.
Then, walk over to the stunning Phra Nang Cave Beach, one of the most picturesque beaches in Thailand, with towering limestones, soft sand, and remarkable nature. At the beach, you’ll also find the famous Princess Cave Temple.
Another attraction to consider visiting in Railay is the Diamond Cave, a mesmerizing nature wonder in Krabi. As you enter, you’ll hear the bats stretching as you walk the narrow bridge into the cave. It cost 200 Baht to enter the cave.
How to get from Ao Nang to Railay Beach
Getting to Railay Beach from Ao Nang Beach is very easy. Plenty of longtail boats are docked on both ends of Ao Nang Beach, waiting to take passengers to Railay Beach.
- Walk right up to the stand to purchase tickets. Sometimes, the boat drivers themselves sell tickets.
- The cost per passenger is 100 to 150 Thai Baht each way, so make sure you have cash to get back. ATMs are limited in Railay.
- Longtail boats don’t leave until there are 8 – 10 passengers, so you may have to wait sometimes until more passengers arrive before the boat leaves.
- You can buy roundtrip tickets, but it’s a hassle because there are different companies operating trips, it’s best to buy a ticket per way separately.
- If you’re staying in Ao Nang, take the longtail boat back from Railay to Ao Nang by 5:00 – 6:00 PM. Otherwise, you will have to spend the night in Railay. Boats stop operating when the tide gets low.
Day 2: Tiger Temple, Emerald Pool & Hot Springs
This action-packed Krabi jungle day excursion takes you to some of Krabi’s most famous attractions, where you’ll discover the jungle side of Krabi.
During this active and fun day trip, you can expect an unforgettable adventure through Krabi’s natural wonders.
Start off by exploring the stunning Emerald Pool, surrounded by lush greenery and crystal-clear water, perfect for swimming and unwinding.
Next, you’ll visit Namtok Ron, a Hot spring in Krabi where you can relax in the tropical jungle.
Lastly, prepare yourself for a challenging climb up the Tiger Cave Temple, a famous temple in Krabi known for its many beautiful Buddhist statues. To the top, it’s a bit of a hike, but you’ll be rewarded with panoramic views of Krabi.
Day 3: Krabi 4 Islands Tour & Ao Nang Night Market
You cannot visit Krabi without experiencing at least one day of island hopping. There are many popular island-hopping tours in Krabi, but the Krabi 4 Islands Tour is the most famous!
During the Krabi 4 Island Tour, you will visit a few beautiful islands around Krabi, go snorkeling, and enjoy lunch on Koh Poda.
The islands you’ll visit on tour are Chicken Island, Koh Poda, and the Twin Islands, where you can walk from one island to the other during low tide!
Once you’ve returned from the day tour and returned to your hotel, it’s time to go for dinner at the Ao Nang Night Market. At the bustling Ao Nang Night Market, you’ll find many Thai street foods, including Pad Thai, other stir fries, fresh grilled fish, meat skewers, and much more. It’s also the perfect place to buy your Krabi souvenirs!
Day 4: Day Trip to Koh Phi Phi
A Krabi itinerary without a visit to Koh Phi Phi is incomplete. Koh Phi Phi is one of the most nature-rich islands in Krabi and besides that, it’s the most famous island in Krabi.
Many day trips go to Koh Phi Phi daily from Ao Nang, Railay, and anywhere in Krabi. The Koh Phi Phi day trip is very popular!
On this action-packed fun day trip, explore Koh Phi Phi’s many amazing attractions, including the world-famous Maya Bay Beach, Pi Leh Lagoon, Monkey Beach, and much more.
Maya Bay Beach became world famous after being featured in a movie with Leonardo DiCaprio, “The Beach.”
(Optional) Day 5-6: Go to Koh Phi Phi + Day Trip
Many visiting Krabi usually do day trips to Koh Phi Phi; the only downside to day trips to Koh Phi Phi is that most tours don’t actually take you to the main inhabited island, Phi Phi Don.
Taking a ferry to Phi Phi Don (main Phi Phi island), getting a hotel there and spending a day exploring the main island is a must-do if you have the time on your trip.
The main island has around 5,000 residents, and it has many charming shops/cafes, excellent restaurants, and fun parties going on every night!
If you’re confused, let me clarify: Phi Phi Don is the main island among several surrounding islands, making up the Phi Phi Islands.
Where to Stay in Krabi
Ao Nang is a popular resort town and is the best base to stay in Krabi for those looking to do many island tours!
- Holiday Ao Nang / A beautiful 5 star resort located on Ao Nang Beach. The resort also has a pool and is a short walk away from shops, restaurants, and market
- Panan Krabi Resort: A modern hotel located just steps away from the main beach with a stunning rooftop pool
Railay is a nature-rich small town only accessible by boat despite being connected to the mainland. It’s best known for its beaches, many activities, and picturesque nature.
- Rayavadee / A stunning 5-star oasis. This resort has done an exceptional job delivering a luxury experience in the middle of the jungle.
- Avatar Railay Resort is located along the Railay’s East side, an exceptional 3-star hotel with spacious rooms and great location
Koh Phi Phi is the main island located in the middle of the Andaman Sea. Phi Phi Islands are world famous, and anyone visiting Southern Thailand must make at least a day trip here!
- Zeavola Resort / A luxurious 5 Star resort offering a secluded, quiet atmosphere on the island
- Phi Phi Anita Resort / 3 Star Resort located in the heart of the island, nearby bars, restaurants, and only a 10 minute’s walk to the main port
Best Time to Visit Krabi
There are two main weather patterns in Krabi: the dry season and the rainy season. During the dry season, you can expect plenty of sunshine and hot weather but with low humidity.
Alternatively, during the rainy season, there’s rainfall, sporadic thunderstorms here and there, and humidity levels are much higher than in the dry season. It’s important to note that certain months experience more rainfall during the rainy season than others.
Dry Season: November to April
The best time to visit Krabi is during the dry season. From November through April, average temperatures range between 25°C (77°F) and 33°C (91°F).
Krabi offers visitors plenty of sunshine to relax on the beach, do water activities, and explore the many tropical islands. The driest months in Krabi are January and February.
Rainy Season: May to October
If you visit Krabi during the rainy season, expect temperatures to hover between 25°C (77°F) and 32°C (90°F). It’s important to note that some months are more suitable for visiting than others.
The rainfall in Krabi is tropical, so when it happens, it tends to pass by fast, but that’s not always the case. August and September are the rainiest months in Krabi, so if there’s a time you want to avoid visiting, it’s then!
RELATED: Krabi Weather Guide
Tips for Krabi
- When you visit Railay Beach from Ao Nang, return before 6:00 PM. – Longtail Boat Taxis stop after
- Always have cash on you in Krabi because many businesses only take cash, especially on the islands and smaller beach towns
- Consider buying a Dry Bag to keep all your essential belongings dry; when you arrive by boat or island hopping in Krabi, you sometimes have to go into the water and walk to the shore
- When planning to do day tours, always do early morning tours to experience fewer crowds at popular attractions
- Traveling Krabi on a budget? Stick to the local cuisine, the local cuisine is always cheaper
Krabi Itinerary for 4 Days — Final Thoughts
There you have it, that concludes my Krabi Itinerary for 4 Days. As you can imagine, this itinerary only covers what to do in Krabi for 4 days, but one can easily spend more than four days exploring Krabi!
Suppose you’re looking for more places to visit in Krabi and have more than four days. I recommend you visit Koh Lanta, Krabi’s most relaxing/laidback island.
Is Krabi just a stop along your Thailand trip? Where to go after? Go to Phuket, a stunning island full of many beautiful beach areas!
Already have plans to visit Phuket? You’ll find this Phuket itinerary helpful!
How many days is enough for Krabi?
Plan to spend a minimum of three days to four days in Krabi. From day tours to many beaches and night markets, there’s plenty to do in Krabi.
If you’re visiting Krabi for a limited time, it’s best to stay in Ao Nang, the most centrally located place in Krabi.
What is the best way to explore in Krabi?
The best way to explore Krabi is by staying in Ao Nang and making day trips from there; from Ao Nang, you can visit Railay, Koh Phi Phi, Hong Islands, and more.
Is it better to go to Krabi or Phuket?
Each place has its appeal. Krabi is more tropical than Phuket, but Phuket offers a more relaxing holiday atmosphere with less adventure!
Why is Krabi so popular?
Krabi is popular for its remarkable tropical surroundings, which include tower limestones, stunning remote islands, and some of the best beaches in the world.
Subscribe to Travel Hiatus!
Receive updates on my latest posts, insider travel tips & the best destination guides to your inbox!
Happy & Safe Travels
- Find the best Hotels/Resorts
- Book a Vacation Home Rental
- Book a fun Tour in the Place you’re visiting
- Find the best Hostels
- Find/Buy the Cheapest Flights
- Get Travel Insurance when traveling
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in this article might be affiliate links. This means that at no extra cost to you, we will earn a small commission for any sales generated through this article and/or this website.
We recommend products/services we’ve either used or researched thoroughly – Thank you for supporting me so we can continue to share helpful travel content!